Another superb recipe by @epicure.dubai to try out!
I first had this during my visit to Vancouver and loved this Canadian classic! Here is a healthier, more wholesome alternative to traditional poutine topped with cheese curds #nafsikasgarden.
I used the #Aviko Sweet Potato Fries from www.admiralsonline.com and can’t have enough of these!
#bevegan. ae has launched a new range of vegan cheese. A perfect substitute for anyone with intolerances, special diets or simply a compassionate soul! Yes, it’s Dairy-free, Soy-free, Gluten-free, and Nut Free. Here is the magic for the Poutine!
- 250 gms sweet potato fries.
- 2 tbsp butter.
- 2 cloves garlic minced.
- 1 tbsp flour.
- 3 cups vegetable broth (I used homemade).
- 1 cup Cheese curds.
- 4 Green onions sliced.
- Air fry or bake the sweet potato fries. (If fresh sweet potatoes are used, cut them into 1/2 inch thick fries, immerse in cold water to get rid of starch. Dry fries with clean towel.
- Toss fries with olive oil, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper then transfer to parchment-lined baking sheets. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes, then flip and cook for another 12-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, while fries are cooking, make your gravy. In medium saucepan on med-high heat, add butter. Add minced garlic sautéing for few minutes. Add flour, stirring well, then add vegetable broth bringing the mixture to a boil. Simmer for 10-15 mins to obtain a creamy and smooth consistency and adjust the seasoning.
- Place the fríes on a servíng plate. Sprinkle with cheese curds, then ladle gravy overtop. Garnish with green onions, then serve and enjoy!